Carol's mixte is a Satoma Cycle thoroughbred. Custom geometry to fit the rider, custom hardware and custom aesthetics not found elsewhere.
Initially drawn on a scrap of paper, the profile featured curved top tubes and seat tubes meeting at the rear dropouts with the top tube crossing over the seat tube at the midpoint.
Carol, being a great admirer of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, has a custom designed art piece silvered between the two curved top tubes. Constructed from a blend of Reynolds and 4130 tubing the design is very much vintage in style and geometry, and with a very upright cycling position.
The art piece acts like a bridge across the entire frame, stiffening it up laterally, making the bike steering immediate and responsive, feeling more like a BMX than a heavy town commuter.
The bicycle is finished with an abundance of Velo Orange and Brooks componentry.
- Reynolds 631 & 525 tubing
- Custom Designed Charles Rennie Mackintosh Inspired Art Piece
- Brooks B.17s Leather Saddle & Harlequin Wrapped Leather Bar Tape
- Velo Orange Grand Cru Headset, Mudguards, Handlebars & Seatpost
- Velo Orange Grand Cru F&R Hubs with Velo Orange PBP Rims
- Dia Compe Gran Compe 610 brakes
- Factory 5 Lattice Chainring